Nalini Miss


Thousands of students have passed through her loving arms and gone on to create niches for themselves the world over. For them, Nalini Miss is the person who held their tiny hands and walked along with them through their school years, whispering words of hope, but chiding them when they slackened! She is the mentor who smiled encouragingly when they did well academically, but smiled even brighter when they did something good. She boosted their morale, and built up their self confidence through various co-curricular activities, which made them hold up their heads against a competitive world outside.
For each of her students, she is Nalini Miss, the one teacher whom they treasured deep within their hearts, especially when they won laurels and collected bouquets, when they met friends and talked about the good old ‘Hari Sri’ days. She represented the mother, the guru, the mentor and above all, the friend who could create magic in their lives. Today there are students around the world, who have blossomed forth, thriving in their careers, and others who have created families in perfect love and harmony... in each of their hearts, Nalini Miss reigns! May her tribe increase!

Comments

  1. Chechi, i think you should add special stories of how Nalini Miss has touched our lives... you may choose to change names... which will give the world a view into the persona of 'Nalini Miss'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for the suggestion... will try and do what I can... who is this, BTW? KOI doesn't ring a bell, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agrees to each words written "Heads down". The background image of this blog reminds me of the right hand corner room of "Hari Sri" we belovedly called Library.

    If temple is a place where we get the positive vibration, Hari Sri happens to be a place more than a temple in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Madhu, for your comments! I am truly happy that old students still have a place in their hearts for Hari Sri and Nalini Miss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe the best thing my parents did for me was to put me in Hari Sri.The worst they have done is to have taken me away when I was in the zenith of my glory as Head Girl there.Even in my sleep,I can confidently say that the best years of my life were the ones I spent at Hari Sri.
    Nalini Miss.Waaooww.The name just makes my heart feel warm and proud.She taught me to 'learn to laugh at myself' and to walk with my heads held high.Salute to the Lady with an iron will and golden heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Amore, for those wonderful words... now will you please reveal your identity as well? I would actually like to put together a few anecdotes on Nalini Miss.. so if old students like you are willing to help out, do send me a message on FB. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There was a "Nalini miss " in my life.. her name was Ms. Fatima Joy, she was my 2nd Grade Class and English Teacher and she is the reason that anything intelligent ( if at all ) has come out of my mouth. I was speech impaired ( meaning not as a disability , more out of shyness) till Class 2. Ms Joy came into class and decided to make me the monitor.. it blew me away. After all the brickbats and reprimand I got from everyone for my inability to get over my shyness, here was a lady who trusted me to take care of 30 students in class... Realized I could never let her down.. still pray for her and thank her each day and I hope I never let her down.. This post was amazing Deepti.. thank you :) u are so blessed to have someone like her in your life.. wish I find my "nalini miss" some day...

    Pritha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Pritha, for those heartening comments! I am truly blessed to have 'Nalini Miss' in my life... she is truly the most amazing mom as well! I certainly hope that you find Ms. Joy someday, for she is your very own beacon of hope, one who helped chisel out that wonderful personality you now possess! All the best...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouds and Waves by Rabindrananth Tagore - Poetry: The Best Words in the Best Order - #BlogchatterA2ZChallenge2021

The Miracle of Love - Fiction - Post Number 8: #MyFriendAlexa

The Girl Who Met Her Match