Fair is foul, and foul is fair... Macbeth






“Fair is foul and foul is fair:
Hover through the fog and filthy air.”
Macbeth - William Shakespeare

The first time I heard these words is when my mother walked into my class (she was my English teacher) and acted out the entire scene, playing the part of the three witches to perfection. I recall my hair standing on end when she ended with a cackle, as the whole class listened in absolute terror.



From then on, Macbeth, the play by Shakespeare, was etched in my heart.

Another memory that comes to mind is that of Mom reading out ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’ to me as I lay, tucked away in bed.

“Fee Fi Fo Fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman!” she would hiss, and I would cower in dread. I loved those story-telling sessions. Maybe, my penchant for telling tales with a twist started from those early days.
Much later, I came across the same words in the form of a song from the screen version of 'Jack and the Beanstalk'. For those who are interested, here is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvpu6zbNZgg



Comments

  1. These are great, Deepti. Sorry I haven't commented before today! A to Z keeps me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lynda! Please don't apologise... A to Z is quite time consuming, ask me! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouds and Waves by Rabindrananth Tagore - Poetry: The Best Words in the Best Order - #BlogchatterA2ZChallenge2021

The Miracle of Love - Fiction - Post Number 8: #MyFriendAlexa

The Girl Who Met Her Match