Darkness cannot Drive out Darkness... Martin Luther King Jr.





One of the most profound quotes that I have ever heard is by a man I admire deeply for his humaneness and his philosophy of life - Martin Luther King Jr. His 'I have a dream' speech was inspirational at a time when America was going through its lowest ebb. When he was assassinated in 1968, it was the end of an era.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

The above quote is so apt for a world today that is going through the agony of racism, hatred, discrimination, and above all, terrorism.


Comments

  1. I love that you chose this. This is one of my top 3 quotes of all time. I even wrote a whole blogpost on it years ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a powerful thought and is so true. It is only the positivity that can remove the negative forces around us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouds and Waves by Rabindrananth Tagore - Poetry: The Best Words in the Best Order - #BlogchatterA2ZChallenge2021

The Miracle of Love - Fiction - Post Number 8: #MyFriendAlexa

THE STRANGE CASE OF THE MISSING TEETH