TWENTY - TWENTY #BLOGCHATTER #WRITEAPAGEADAY

 
The Odyssey Online

Today is the day when time and tide have waited not,

Writing has taken a back seat, I have quite lost the plot.

Even if I wanted, I could not have written a page,

Nevertheless, I do need my plight to assuage;

The day is done, the night is coming to an end

Yet, I will mourn if I do break the trend.

 

The words begin to come forth, my pen starts to move,

Whirling within my head, each idea in its groove,

Even if I wanted to, I could not stop the unending flow

Nine times out of ten, my imagination puts on a show.

The poem seems to write itself, acrostic all the way,

Yes, now I pause to sleep; tomorrow’s another day.  


                                                                          Pixabay 

  Postscript: This is my 20th post on the 20th of February. I have used the title ‘Twenty – Twenty’ in order to create an acrostic poem twice over.

155 words 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clouds and Waves by Rabindrananth Tagore - Poetry: The Best Words in the Best Order - #BlogchatterA2ZChallenge2021

THE STRANGE CASE OF THE MISSING TEETH

The Miracle of Love - Fiction - Post Number 8: #MyFriendAlexa