WHEN PASSION AND PROFESSION COME TOGETHER! #WRITEAPAGEADAY #BLOGCHATTER

 

QuoteFancy

What is it that I call work? Or do I label it my passion?

Is it the writing I do as I explore words in all their beauty, creating sentences that magically weave themselves into meaningful forms, making my heart swell with joy and fulfilment?

Is it the rapport in the classroom that I always seem to have enjoyed, having meaningful conversations with young minds, sharing a joke, and imbibing the sense of drama that makes such a difference to life itself?

Is it the sessions that I had with the wonderful ladies who made up one half of the Indian Army, as I learnt wonderful lessons from mentors who made life a pleasure by just being around? Or those illuminating moments when I could, as a mentor myself, give my nuggets of wisdom and receive many more in return?

What about yesterday, when I followed a mentor who has always been in my life, my mother, taking in her every move, as she strove to hand over a lifetime of learning and experience to me, expecting me to fill her shoes, walk in her footsteps, and yet, create a new pair of shoes of my own.

When my immediate family, my husband, my daughter and my siblings, understand that what I do is important because it helps me evolve as a person, that makes my successes and achievements even more special.

When work and passion come together in so many ways, and God makes His presence felt through understanding dear folk who support me whole-heartedly from home and at work, I consider myself truly blessed in the various roles I play and in the space I inhabit.

That is when a favourite quote springs to mind, making me smile in content.

“God’s in His heaven/ All’s right with the world.”

                     Pippa Passes – Robert Browning

 I am participating in the February #Blogchatter #WriteAPageADay Challenge.

313 words

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clouds and Waves by Rabindrananth Tagore - Poetry: The Best Words in the Best Order - #BlogchatterA2ZChallenge2021

THE STRANGE CASE OF THE MISSING TEETH

The Miracle of Love - Fiction - Post Number 8: #MyFriendAlexa