WRITE A PAGE A DAY! #WRITEAPAGEADAY #BLOGCHATTER

 
Freepik

Here I am at the end of a month of writing on February 29th, a taxing yet enjoyable exercise which I managed to hang on to by the skin of my teeth.

#WriteAPageADay by #Blogchatter challenges writers to write across the month and complete ten thousand words. So, there I was, all set to take the bit between my teeth and canter on, despite dire threats from my better half.

“Don’t you already have enough to do in a day without this added complication?”

I nodded, mulling over how to work it out. Being in school from 9AM to 4.30PM is a major chunk out of a day, no doubt. I could always do away with my evening walk! Wait a minute… what evening walk? That had already been done away with in my previous challenges.

My better half and I both believe in the adage, “Eat well today for tomorrow you diet!” Hence, there are days we gorge, mostly on weekends, and then come back to our senses and our diets the rest of the week. Makes cooking a whole lot easier!

Dinner? What could be easier than making hot and crisp dosas to be eaten right off the stove, while watching our favourite series and movies?

Anyway, sandwiched in between all these activities, my brain cells were on a permanent overdrive, wondering what exactly I could write on each day. Often, I would start writing without an idea of where I was going, running blind, if I may say so. Somehow, the words would magically form themselves in a kind of woozy pattern, swirling in the air around me like so many little jigsaw pieces, till finally they rearranged themselves into coherent little wholes that dovetailed into my daily posts.

29 days of relentless writing – I would like to brag a bit here. I had completed my 10,000 words by my 13th post. Then a kind Blogchatter soul, Geethica, gave me a gentle nudge suggesting that I could continue writing till the end of the month.

Exactly what I did! I wrote short stories, a poem or two, a couple of book reviews, sharing apt images from Unsplash and Freepik, a process I truly enjoy. Everything was going well till two days before the end of the month.

Crash! Wham! My Facebook and my Instagram accounts got hacked and there I was, supposedly doling out free financial advice to all and sundry on how to make money grow on trees and make clothing lines sell. As I lost control of my precious accounts, I had frantic messages and calls from people along with screenshots about the mayhem the fraudster was wreaking on them.

I sent equally frantic mails to the support staff of Facebook and Instagram about the hacking, hoping against hope that a miracle would take place. When it did not, I went ahead and created a new Facebook account. I am yet to create an Instagram account.

After much heartbreak, there looms a lesson learnt the hard way!

Never trust anyone on social media. If a person messages you, always be on your guard, especially when the language spoken appears fake or the demands unnatural. As I have said earlier, there is a special place reserved for fraudsters who manage to hoodwink people online, invading their personal space, that place being the hottest part of hell.

 I am participating in the February #Blogchatter #WriteAPageADay Challenge.

565 words

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clouds and Waves by Rabindrananth Tagore - Poetry: The Best Words in the Best Order - #BlogchatterA2ZChallenge2021

THE STRANGE CASE OF THE MISSING TEETH

The Miracle of Love - Fiction - Post Number 8: #MyFriendAlexa